Monday, October 1, 2012

Do you have a passion?

Mommy Mondays

My friend asked me yesterday, "What are you passionate about?" I didn't have an answer right away.

The word zeal might be a better word, defined as "strong, enthusiastic devotion to a cause, ideal, or goal and tireless diligence in its furtherance."

I don't know that I really have a passion. Not like other people. Not like you read about. Not a single driving mission.

I said, "I guess that every day, I want to be doing what God wants me to do."


But it isn't as though God says, "Good morning, Sunshine," and hands me a neatly written to-do list.

So that passion is rather vague. I love things -- my kids, my husband, the Bible -- but is that the same as a passion?

Passion. Zeal. Calling. We chatted about Moses in the wilderness as a shepherd for 40 years before the burning bush called him. Most days, we just need to feed the sheep and haul the water from the well.

What about you? Do you have a passion?

No comments: