Monday, July 23, 2012

Recipe Chicken Pot Pie

Mommy Mondays


Today I'll share a family favorite recipe, passed along to my by my sister-in-law, Andi, from someone in her family.

Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie

When I made it this month, I cooked split chicken breasts I bought on sale in the crock pot overnight and then shredded them. Next time, I'm going to make two pies. My kids' appetites are getting bigger!

Oh, but I can't fit two in the toaster oven, and we hardly use the oven in the summer. I wonder if I could bake them in the grill.


Ingredients:
Refrigerated pie crusts
1/3 c. butter
1/3 c. chopped onion
1/3 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
2 C. vegetables (I used frozen california medly)

Chopped Carrots and Celery
1/4 t. pepper
1.5 c. chicken broth
2/3 c. milk
3 c. cooked chicken


Directions:
Preheat oven to 425
      1. Melt butter over medium heat.  Saute onion, celery, carrots. 
2. Add flour, salt, pepper and gradually stir in broth and milk.  Whisk until thick and bubbly. 
3.  Add chicken, frozen veggies and remove from heat.  Spoon into crust. 
4. Add top crust and slit.
5.  Bake for 30-40 minutes.  (check after 20-25)

Enjoy! Yum!

No comments: