Thursday, June 21, 2012

When I'm the Peony


Thoughtful Thursdays

Have you ever felt like a transplanted peony?

I do not have a green thumb, but every once in awhile I go out on a limb and try to attempt something garden-ey.

I recently transplanted a peony bush. It was living a wilted, shallow existence in the shade, and I knew a sunnier location would be good for it. Apparently, it disagreed. It looks pathetic, all bent over, without a single petal left on its branches. 

I tried to tell it, “Don’t worry, little flower. I know this is hard on you, but it’s for your good. Sure, you had to leave the safety of the other location, but in time, when you regain your strength, you’ll find it’s really much better here.” But for the peony, I think it feels like death.

With garden hose in hand, I thought, “I am so often the peony.” God moves the puzzle pieces of my life in some way, and He provides me with water and sunshine, and yet I feel pain. But it’s for my good! Can you relate? If we let Him, He’ll restore us again and our faith will be strengthened, growing stronger than ever before.

So I’ll keep watering my little plant, and I'll trust that God is watering me too. What does this look like for you?

No comments: