Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's such a long way home

Words for Wednesdays

Have you heard Steve Curtis Chapman's new song, "Long Way Home?" Although the tune is light and beachy, the words are heavy and deep. So today, enjoy the words like a poem. Knowing all that he has been through, I'm so amazed at the grace of God in his life.


I set out on a great adventure
The day my father started leading me home.
He said there gonna be some mountains to climb
And some valleys we’re gonna go thorough.
But I had no way of knowing
Just how hard this journey could be
Cause the valleys are deeper and the mountains are steeper
Than I ever would of dreamed.

But I know we’re gonna make it
And I know we’re gonna get there soon
And I know some times it feels like we're
going the wrong way,
But it’s just a long way home.

There's some rocks in my shoes, some fears I wish I could lose
They make the mountain so hard to climb,
And my heart gets so heavy
With the weight of the world some times.

And there’s a bag of regrets
'I should have beens' and 'not-yets'
I keep on dragging around,
And I can hardly can wait till the day I could lay them all down.
Well I know that day is coming,
And I know it’s gonna be here soon.
And I know I won’t turn back even if the whole world
Says I’m doing the wrong way,
Cause it’s just a long way home.

And when we can’t take another step
The father will pick us up and carry us in his arms.
And even on the best days
He says to remember we’re not home yet.
So don’t get too comfortable
Cause what you really are is just pilgrims passing through.

Well I know that day is coming,
And I know it’s gonna be here soon.
I’ll keep on singing and believing
What all of my songs say
Cause our God has made a promise,
And I know that everything he says it’s true.
And he promised he would never ever leave us
He’s gonna lead us, He’ll head us home
Every single step of the long way home
So keep on - we’re gonna make it!
We’re just taking the long way home
Keep on we’re gonna make it!
I know we’re gonna make it.
It’s just a long way home.

No comments: