Sunday, January 1, 2012

Husband Prayers: Day 5

We are on day 5 of our 30 Day Husband Prayer Challenge. Jump on in!


Day 5: Praying for His Affection

Lord, you tell us that my husband and I shouldn’t be out for our own well-being, but each other’s (I Cor 10:24). Will you help us in this area of affection? Forgive us for being too busy or apathetic to pay attention to how we treat each other. Fill our hearts with warmth, fondness, friendliness, and care. Help me to show my affection to him in ways that matter to him. Please work in his heart as well. I pray that we always greet each other with a kiss of love (I Peter 5:14).

I know that only you can make these changes. Please help us be the example to everyone around us of the beautiful picture of marriage you intended us to be. And help it start with me today.

May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.
I Thessalonians 4:9

Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Ephesians 5:2

___________________________________________

Did you miss a day? Look to the sidebar on the left to see past posts.

No comments: