Sunday, January 1, 2012

Husband Prayers: Day 4

We're in the first week of our 30 Day Husband Prayer Challenge. Want to join us?


Day 4: Praying for His Sexuality

Father, there is so much pressure today on my husband in this area. I pray that you would help him to flee from sexual immorality. Every sin he would commit is outside the body, but if he commits sexual immorality it is against his own body. Remind him that his body is the temple of Your Holy Spirit. I pray that he would glorify you with his body. (I Cor 6:18-20)

Lord, you command him to “drink water from his own cistern, and running water from his own well.” Please forgive me for my own bad attitudes and thoughts and actions that may have hindered him in this. Forgive us for our past mistakes and sins, and help us begin to love each other in our marriage as you have asked us to. I pray that I would not use our love as a punishment or bribe, but would be instead as a loving deer and a graceful doe, satisfying him at all times and enrapturing him with my love. (Prov 5:15-19)

Increase my love for him, Lord, and help me in this area of our life.

“Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.”  Psalm 119:37

“Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.  Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.  Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.”
Proverbs 4:25-27

“A man’s ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all his paths.”
Proverbs 5:21

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so thankful for these prayers Becky. It helps me to see examples of praying scripture. Also, it reminds me to be specific when praying for Nick.

BeckyE said...

Great! It helps guide my mind as well in my prayers too, so I don't get sidetracked. ;)