Monday, January 23, 2012

Husband Prayers: Day 30


Day 30: Praying for His Future

Dear Lord, when my husband looks ahead and considers his future, may he see it through Your eternal eyes.  By Your great mercy, You gave him new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, that is, into an inheritance imperishable, undefiled, and unfading.  It is reserved in Heaven for him, who by God’s power is protected through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.  I pray that this brings him great joy, although he may have to suffer for a short time in various trials.  These trials show the proven character of his faith, which is much more valuable than gold – gold that is tested by fire, even though it is passing away – and will bring him praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 

He has not seen You, but he loves you.  He doesn’t see You now, but he believes in you, and so I ask that he would rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy and attain the goal of his faith – the salvation of his soul. 

So I pray that my husband would get his mind ready for action by being sober, and set his hope completely on the grace that will be brought to him when Jesus Christ is revealed.  I pray that he is like an obedient child, not complying with the evil urges that he used to follow in his ignorance, but, like You, the Holy One who called him, instead he would become holy himself in all of his conduct, just as You are Holy.  I pray that he remembers to address You as Father, the one who impartially judges according to each one’s work, and then live out the time of his temporary residence here in reverence. 

He was ransomed by the precious blood of an unblemished and spotless lamb, namely Christ, who was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was evident in these last times for our sake.  Through Christ we now trust in You, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory.  May his hope and faith be in You!

I pray that he purifies his soul by obeying the truth in order to show sincere mutual love.  I ask that he’d love others earnestly from a pure heart.  Remind him that he has been born anew, not from perishable, but from imperishable seed, through Your living and enduring word.  Everything else will fade away, but Your Word will endure forever.  Thank you! (I Peter 1)


But just as it is written, “Things that no eye has seen, or ear heard, or mind imagined, are the things God has prepared for those who love him.”
I Cor 2:9

For I know what I have planned for you,’ says the Lord. ‘I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope. When you call out to me and come to me in prayer, I will hear your prayers. When you seek me in prayer and worship, you will find me available to you. If you seek me with all your heart and soul, I will make myself available to you,’  says the Lord.
Jer 29:11-13

For this reason we also, from the day we heard about you, have not ceased praying for you and asking God  to fill  you with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you may live  worthily of the Lord and please him in all respects  – bearing fruit in every good deed, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might for the display of  all patience and steadfastness, joyfully  giving thanks to the Father who has qualified you to share  in the saints’ inheritance in the light. He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
Col 1:9-14

Do you not know that all the runners in a stadium compete, but only one receives the prize? So run to win. Each competitor must exercise self-control in everything. They do it to receive a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. So I do not run uncertainly or box like one who hits only air. Instead I subdue my body and make it my slave, so that after preaching to others I myself will not be disqualified.
I Cor 9:24-27

No comments: