Monday, January 23, 2012

Husband Prayers: Day 29


Day 29: Praying for His Faith

Lord, you have said in your Word that all things are possible for the one who believes.  My husband believes – but please help his unbelief!  (Mark 9:23-24)  I pray that my husband has faith in You and your promises so that he can please You.  In order to approach you, I pray that he believes that You exist and that You reward those who seek You.  (Hebrews 11:6)  Faith comes by hearing Your Word, so I ask that my husband’s life be saturated by Your Word (Rom 10:17).

He has been crucified with Christ, so it is no longer he who lives, but Christ lives in him.  The life which he now lives in the flesh, he lives by faith in Your Son, who loved him and gave Himself for him.  (Gal 2:20).  Jesus was given over because of our sins and was raised for the sake of our justification.  Therefore, having been justified by faith, I pray that he would have peace with You through our Lord Jesus Christ (Rom 4:25-5:1).


Matthew 17:14-20
When they came to the crowd, a man came to him, knelt before him, and said, “Lord, have mercy on my son, because he has seizures and suffers terribly, for he often falls into the fire and into the water. I brought him to your disciples, but they were not able to heal him.” Jesus answered, “You unbelieving and perverse generation! How much longer must I be with you? How much longer must I endure you?  Bring him here to me.”

Then Jesus rebuked the demon and it came out of him, and the boy was healed from that moment.  Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why couldn’t we cast it out?” He told them, “It was because of your little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; nothing will be impossible for you.”

Hebrews 11:6
Now without faith it is impossible to please him, for the one who approaches God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

No comments: