Monday, January 23, 2012

Husband Prayers: Day 28


Day 28: Praying for His Self Image

Lord, I pray for my husband’s self image - not in the way the world sees it, but from Your eyes.  David was a man after your heart, and he pleased You.  I pray that my husband would have that same heart and find favor in your eyes.  Without faith, it is impossible to please You.  I pray that his faith is strengthened, that he believes that You are the King of Kings, and that You reward those who diligently seek You.  (Heb 11:6)  God, wake up his heart so that he does indeed diligently seek You. 

God, You desire integrity in the inner man, and You want him to possess wisdom.  Sprinkle him with water that he will be pure, and wash him so he will be whiter than snow.  Grant him the ultimate joy of being forgiven.  May the bones You might have crushed rejoice.  Hide your face from his sins, and wipe away all his guilt.  Create for him a pure heart, O God.  Renew a resolute spirit within him.  Do not reject him, and do not take Your Holy Spirit away from him.  Let him again experience the joy of your deliverance.  Sustain him by giving him the desire to obey.  Then he will teach rebels your merciful ways, and sinners will turn to You.  (Ps 51:6-13)


Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.  If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
Romans 15:1-2

May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you.
Psalm 25:21

I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.
Acts 24:16

No comments: