Monday, January 23, 2012

Husband Prayers: Day 27


Day 27: Praying for His Obedience

Dear Lord, our actions matter to you.  You say that if a person is walking in disobedience, his prayers will be an abomination (Prov 28:9).  I have to stop and ask for forgiveness for the wrong I’ve done in my own life.  (Take a moment and confess your own sins before God.  If you need to make something right, do it now!)

You’ve told us extremely clearly that not everyone who merely says “Lord, Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does Your will (Matt 7:21).  You also say that You want obedience before our sacrifice.  (I Sam 15:22)  Please change his heart in any area that needs it so he walks in obedience to You.  I pray that he does not harbor any sin in his heart, but instead confesses it to You.  (Ps 66:18-19)  Make him understand your ways, O Lord!  Teach him Your paths.  Guide him into Your truth and teach Him, for You are the God who will deliver him, and I pray that he relies on You all day long. (Ps 25:4-5)

Remind him to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, and to be ready for every good work.  Please remind him not to slander others, but be peaceable, gentle, showing courtesy to all people.  (Titus 3:1-2)  I pray that he would walk worthy of the calling he has received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with others in love, making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.  (Eph 4:1-3)

“Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work. They must not slander anyone, but be peaceable, gentle, showing complete courtesy to all people.”
Titus 3:1-2

“If I had harbored sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened.
However, God heard;
he listened to my prayer.”
Ps 66:18-19

“Make me understand your ways, O Lord!
Teach me your paths!
Guide me into your truth and teach me.
For you are the God who delivers me;
on you I rely all day long.”
Ps 25:4-5

“I, therefore, the prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live worthily of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”
Eph 4:1-3

“Then Samuel said, “Does the Lord take pleasure in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as he does in obedience? Certainly, obedience is better than sacrifice; paying attention is better than the fat of rams.”
I Sam 15:22

“The one who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination.”
Prov 28:9

No comments: