Monday, January 23, 2012

Husband Prayers: Day 25


Day 25: Praying for His Repentance

Dear Lord, You tell us that the one who covers his transgressions will not prosper, (Prov 28:13) and when King David kept silent about his sins, his body wasted away and he was in pain all day.  I know that eventually everything that is seemingly hidden now or kept in secret will be revealed and made known – please open my husband’s eyes now to the sins he needs to repent of, and give him a humble heart before you (Matt 10:26).   

I pray that he does not have a proud heart that rationalizes his sin away, but instead that he would look to You to examine his thoughts and know all of his concerns.  Show him if there is any idolatrous tendency in him (Ps 139:23-24).  Then I pray that he confesses his sins to you and forsakes them, knowing that You will be merciful (Prov 28:13).   

You are faithful and righteous, forgiving our sins and cleansing us from all unrighteousness, as long as we are confessing them to you.  Thank You for your patience, Lord, and Your forgiveness.



“But if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous, forgiving us our sins and cleansing us from all unrighteousness.”
I John 1:9

“The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some regard slowness, but is being patient toward you, because he does not wish for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.”
2 Peter 3:9

“Do not be afraid of them, for nothing is hidden that will not be revealed, and nothing is secret that will not be made known.”
Matt 10:26

“Who can know all his errors? Please do not punish me for sins I am unaware of.”
Ps 19:12

“The fear of the Lord provides wise instruction, and before honor comes humility.”
Prov 15:33
“The one who covers his transgressions will not prosper, but whoever confesses them and forsakes them will find mercy.”
Prov 28:13

“Examine me, and probe my thoughts!
Test me, and know my concerns!
See if there is any idolatrous tendency in me,
and lead me in the reliable ancient path!”
Ps 139:23, 24

“When I refused to confess my sin,
my whole body wasted away,
while I groaned in pain all day long.
For day and night you tormented me;
you tried to destroy me  in the intense heat  of summer.  (Selah)
Then I confessed my sin;
I no longer covered up my wrongdoing.
I said, ‘I will confess my rebellious acts to the Lord.’
And then you forgave my sins. (Selah)”
Ps 32:3-5

No comments: