Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Husband Prayers: Day 19


Day 19: Praying for His Past

Lord, there are times when I wish we had a rewind/erase button for our lives.  But what has been done cannot be undone.  There are things in my husband’s past that he regrets and wishes he could change.  There are things that happened to him that left scars that affect who he is today.  There are habits he has formed that are difficult to break. 

Lord, you provide so much hope!  You say that when we are in You, we are new creations - the old has gone, and the new has come!  You’ve created all things new!  (2 Cor 5:17)  Release him from any bondage and that comes from his old way of life and renew his mind with Your Spirit.  I pray my husband would be a new man who walks in true righteousness and holiness.  (Eph 4:22-24)  Help my husband forget all the things that are behind him, and instead, reach out for the things ahead of him.  Specifically, give him a focus of his future goal, things yet to come, rather than the past.  Help him fix his mind on You, Jesus, and Your return. (Phil 3:13-14)


Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself to have attained this. Instead I am single-minded: Forgetting the things that are behind and reaching out for the things that are ahead, with this goal in mind, I strive toward the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Phil 3:13-14

No comments: