Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Free Literature

A chill was in the air, and after a few morning chores on Labor day, I snuggled into a comfortable chair outside, wrapped in a blanket with a book in one hand and a cup of pumpkin coffee in the other. Ahhh, fall.

I didn't get very far in the daunting 700 page novel Les Miserables that I'm attempting to read. My sons wanted to snuggle next to me, and they brought with them their own books they wanted to hear. So I set aside a classic for silly stories about pigs in the mud and a whale who wants to be a tugboat.

I was thinking, "Why can't I find time to read?"

But the next day of school, I realized that I read all the time. Right now, to my children, I'm reading Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott, Archimedes and the Door to Science, and Paddle to the Sea. We just finished The Trumpet of the Swan and will begin the first Little House on the Prairie book series tomorrow. I love learning through literature! For my NANC certification, I'm reading through two Jay Adams books, and I read magazines when I sneak away to the bathroom. So I suppose I should clarify: I'm not reading any exciting fiction of my own choosing. Therefore, attempting to read Les Mis might not have been a good choice in this season of my life.

But if you have some time, I've stumbled across a website that has a treasury of free literature resources online! http://www.online-literature.com/

http://www.online-literature.com/

Classics are my favorite, and that is what you will find when you browse the author list. So slip on a sweatshirt, pull up Little Women, and pour yourself a glass of tea. That's just what I plan to do... eventually. :)

________________________________________________

No comments: