Monday, August 29, 2011

E-books for my PC? No way! So excited!

I am so excited!!! It's like Christmas day over here at the Emerick house. My kids think I'm crazy.

I just learned that for free, I can download a Kindle-for-PC on my netbook! So instead of buying Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott to read to my daughters, or borrowing it from the library which is expensive, (yes, it's free, but not when you lose it or turn it in late, but that's another blog), not to mention the time of waiting for the books to arrive... I have it instantly!

After downloading the ap, I downloaded a collection of Louisa May Alott books - eight of them - for just 99 cents, and they're here, portable, on my netbook.

I know this is probably not new to most of you, but it is to me. I've never wanted to spend money on a Kindle or Nook or Reader, and now I don't have to!

Hooray!

Here's the link. It's been available for a long time, I'm just now stepping out of my cave to discover it.

Enjoy!

___________________________________________________

No comments: