Friday, July 29, 2011

Psalm 119: The Word in My Life

And today, the final post about Psalm 119. What a gorgeous Psalm about the Word of God! I hope you've been encouraged.

I have a card that's called, "Personal Prayers from Colossians" that is on my desk. I think I'll post next to it the prayers gathered from this Psalm.

Today's post is about how the Word affects -- or should affect -- or could affect -- my life.

The Word in My Life:
A collection of thoughts from Psalm 119


MY DELIGHT!
- I love His commandments and delight to do them.
- I am to delight in His statutes and not forget His word.
- God’s testimonies are my delight, my counselors, my comfort.
- I lift my hands up to His commandments, which I love.
- I sing of His statutes in the house of my pilgrimage.
- My lips utter praise and my tongue sings of His word because He teaches me His statutes and all His commands are righteous.
- Even though trouble and anguish surround me, I delight in His commands.

WITH OTHERS
- Even though others sit around speaking evil of me, I meditate on His statutes and His wonders.
- Speaking my testimony before Kings, I will not be ashamed.
- Stand strong in the word, even though the arrogant utterly deride me.
- I esteem right all His precepts concerning everything, and I hate every false way.
- I weep, my eyes shed streams of water, because others do not keep His law.

DAY AND NIGHT
- I remember the name of the LORD in the night.
- I meditate on Him during the night watches.
- At midnight, I rise and give thanks to You because of Your righteous ordinances.
- I love the law and meditate on it all day!
- I rise before dawn and cry for help; and then I wait for His words.
- Seven times a day I praise him because of His righteous ordinances.

_____________________________________________________

More About Psalm 119:


_____________________________________________________

No comments: