Friday, April 22, 2011

The stuff that drives me crazy

(If you're hoping for a post about Good Friday, you can read this one: What's Good About Good Friday)

It is mathematically impossible for me to get in my car once and drive away. I'm always running back into the house for something. My neighbors laugh as I pull back in after I've already left. It's just the way it is.

And on Facebook, I've been known to post, "Will someone please call me so I can find my cell phone?"

So when I was in the car and heard Francesca Battistelli's song, "This is the Stuff," my kids and I learned it quickly and sang it at the top of our lungs.  Abby laughed, "Mom, it's you!"

However, since I've never had a ticket, or been pulled over, the second verse doesn't really fit. Today I started making up my own lyrics of stuff that really drives me crazy.  Here are a few:

A glass of milk,
That they tried to pour,
Just after I’ve mopped,
Spilled over the floor.
 ~*~*~*~
Can’t find their shoes;
Someone lost her coat;
Just waiting on them,
When we need to go
~*~*~*~
Another book;
An ache hurts his leg;
Wanting a drink;
When it’s time for bed.


So let's get creative! Write your own verse! What are the things that drive you crazy?

Here are the rest of the lyrics to the real song:

Verse:
I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'Cuz I can't find my phone

Chorus:
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

Verse:

45 in a 35
Sirens and fines while I'm running behind
Whoa

Bridge:
So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world

This is the stuff You use


No comments: