Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What makes you laugh?

When I used to work in an office, I loved Dilbert. I had the daily comic on my desk and laughed and laughed.


I really do love laughing. A funny movie that makes me laugh usually makes it's way to the top of my list, even if is has a marginal plot line. (Date Night was a recent one for us!)

When I was a kid, I loved Calvin and Hobbes. Especially when he would walk outside in the snow, sniff a few times, and then ask, "Don't you hate it when your boogers freeze?" That one got me every time.

It's been almost 10 years since I had a desk job, so I'm a little distanced now from the Dilbert Comic strips. I suppose Family Circus fits my life more, but they have never really made me laugh. They're too true. Like the "Not Me" ghost. Yeah, we have one here, and those ghosts are frustrating, not funny. Maybe in 10 more years I'll look back at them at laugh.

Now a days, I read funny blogs to laugh. There isn't a particular comic strip that really gets me giggling. Jon Acuff's blog, Stuff Christians Like, is one that really makes me laugh. I talk about it so much, you'd think he's paying me. (But he's not.)

Sarcasm is funny, so I like watching House. The episodes always wrap up nicely and I can just get a quick 45 minute fix online whenever I want.


Probably the best laughter is when I'm rolling on the floor with my toddler.  Now, he REALLY gets me laughing. I'm going to miss this phase. A toddler laughing is priceless. It's so unhindered and free.

Ok, I'm going to sign off and find him. He's almost always up for a good tickle fest, and I could use a laugh too.

What about you? What makes you laugh?

No comments: