Monday, February 28, 2011

What are you reading?

Right now, I'm reading Jon Acuff's new book, Gazelles, Baby Steps, and 37 other things Dave Ramsey taught me about money. It's funny! It's a light-hearted book to have sitting around to read occasionally, especially if you've listened to any of Dave Ramsey's seminars. I picked it up because I loved Acuff's first book, Stuff Christians Like, and I read his blog almost daily.

I'm also reading Growing Up Christian by Karl Graustein. It's been a good read so far. I think it will be helpful to read with my kids when they're teenagers. It's about making your faith real and not just living on your parent's faith.

I'm not reading any adult fiction right now, but I just bought The Last Block in Harlem by Christopher Herz after I asked on Twitter what I should read next. It's not a book I'd ordinarily pick up, but I think it will be good for me. I will probably start this tonight. I'll let you know what I think.

With the kids, we are reading Caddie Woodlawn. So far so good! We're reading it at night before bed. My girls love the adventurous spirit of Caddie. They wish they could live on a prairie. I would miss the plumbing. And electricity. And Facebook. And hot showers.

Then for school, we're starting Mr. Revere and I this week. I hope it's as entertaining as it looks. So far, the historical fiction books we've been reading have been very fun to read.

So, what are you reading?

No comments: