Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What are you reading?

Right now I'm reading a biography on Amy Carmichael. I love her passion. It fascinates me how many missionaries struggle with health issues, and yet they persevere. I can't wait to read it to my kids

I am starting Toliver's Secret with my kids today. We just finished Johnny Tremain, which was long, informative, exciting, but had a sad ending. My kids aren't really keen on sad endings. However, I think the good of the lessons learned in the book outweighed it. Besides, I explained that war is sad, and we are so thankful for the bravery of the men who fight to keep us free.

Every day I read these two blogs: 
  1. Stuff Christian's Like by Jon Acuff
  2. Twenty-Two Words by Abraham Piper
I am impressed with the creativivity that goes into these posts every day!

Have you heard of my new book, Surrender, that I just self-published today? You'll be hearing about it for the next few days, since, after all, it's pretty important to me. You can find out more about it at my website: http://emerickhome.com/surrender.php

What's on your reading list right now?

No comments: