Friday, February 4, 2011

Super-Fast Dinner: For THOSE days...

It's 5:08. The kids will be coming inside soon from the cold snow. My husband will be on his way home. The Toddler will be rousing from his later than usual nap.  I have a pounding, aching, splitting headache that appeared out of nowhere and put me on the couch for a couple of hours.

Dragging myself up, I am thankful for this super easy dinner recipe that will be on my table tonight.

  • 1 Polish Sausage
  • 2 Cans Green Beans
  • 2 Cans Potatoes, sliced

Cut up polish sausage and dump in pot with cans and the liquid.  Simmer 30 minutes.  DONE.

(Do not simmer too long or the sausage will lose all its flavor.)

Does dinner get any easier than that?  I usually double the recipe because my kids all want seconds.  And if I only have whole canned potatoes, I dump the juice in the pot, slice up the potatoes really quick, then throw them in.

It's now 5:15.  From pantry to table by 5:45.  Priceless.
Publish Post

No comments: