Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Grilled Cheese - Success!

After yet another failed attempt at making grilled cheese, I posted the following on facebook:

"I am going to abandon the idea of making grilled cheese. I always burn it. I don't care what anyone says, I am WAY to distractable to sit and focus for the 15 minutes it takes. Goodbye, Grilled Cheese! Hello, cold cheese sandwiches!"

I received 22 comments--it was really funny--as though I had declared war against grilled cheese, causing people to come out in defense of the gooey, cheesy goodness.

So today, I followed my Aunt Carol's Comment:


"It takes me five minutes to make a grilled cheese. I don't know if gramma Bobbie remembers, but she said mine were the best. I preheat the frying pan, put the cheese on the bread, butter both sides, then put it in the pan with a lid over it about 2min, flip, 2more min, then serve.You can't deprive the kids of grilled cheese,at least while we can still afford it. Praise the Lord!"

During the 2 minutes, I set the timer, and I waited patiently.  The result:  Perfect Grilled Cheese!

After 32 years, I finally know the secret.

4 comments:

Her Peace Of Mind said...

I am sooooo happy for you lol. It should never take 15 minutes to cook grilled cheese. And yes, you would be depriving your kids of such a yummy meal. Smile - you're victorious!!!

Her Peace Of Mind said...

I am sooooo happy for you lol. It should never take 15 minutes to cook grilled cheese. And yes, you would be depriving your kids of such a yummy meal. Smile - you're victorious!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Becky! And thanks for the way you described the FB thread. I was inspired to comment AND to go cook myself some "yummy goodness" that same day! sz

BeckyE said...

Thanks, it was delicious. I might make one again for dinner. :)