Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When Jesus "Jesus Jukes"

Have you heard of a Jesus Juke?  I hadn't heard of it until I read Jon Acuff's blog, Stuff Christian's Like.

He explains, "The Jesus Juke is when someone takes what is clearly a joke filled conversation and completely reverses direction into something serious and holy.  In this particular case, when I tweeted a joke about the guy doing pushups, someone tweeted me back, 'Imagine If we were that dedicated in our faith, family, and finances?'"

His blog about it is hysterical!

So then a few Sundays ago, my pastor was preaching on Matthew 24.  The disciples are looking around and say, "Hey, Jesus, check out these buildings!"  To which Jesus then replies, "It's all going to fall down..." and proceeds to start a sermon about the end times.  As my pastor said, they'll probably think twice about commenting on the buildings again!

I immediately turned to my husband and almost laughed out loud, "Jesus just Jesus Juked!!!" I almost tweeted it, but didn't think that would be appropriate...

Isn't that brilliant?  I'm still laughing about it.

You can listen to the rest of the message here, which was really very good.  It's just 1 in a series of 5 called "The End is Near" in our trek through Matthew, verse by verse.  Signs of the Times Sermon, Matthew 24.

No comments: