Friday, January 7, 2011

Twitter - the beginning

Well, I've joined my generation and signed up for Twitter.  (You can follow me here!)  Two days into it, I have 19 followers!  I'm not sure what that means yet, but I'm trying to find out. :)

I've watched a few videos about Twitter for Dummies and read some articles.  It basically seems like a Facebook status update stream - so that I understand!

I "met" @HomeschoolSue, who's profile cracked me up because it could have been mine:  "I'm a Christian living, happily homeschooling, mommy blogging, photography loving, conservative voting, laundry hater!!!"


The biggest find, though, was a group called @bookbday.  Twitter book birthday parties!  When your book comes out, they spread the word and celebrate!  It looks like a lot of fun, and I can't wait to have a chance to give it a try.

Can't wait to share all the other exciting things I discover!

www.emerickhome.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the sweet mention and welcome to twitter! It's loads of fun once you figure out how to navigate your way around it. Once I downloaded TweetDeck to my desktop I enjoyed it much, much more!!!
Blessings to you,
Sue (aka: @HomeschoolSue)
The Homeschool Chick

Sam said...

Yes, welcome to Twitter! I'd echo Sue's advice about TweetDeck, it makes the whole Twitter experience SO much easier/better. I've used it for a while, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask @FutureNostalgic. I'll do my best to help.