Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hugs and Kisses

Have you ever wanted to freeze time?

After prayers and hugs tonight, I told my 5 year old boy N, "Now one day, a long time from now, when you're all grown, you'll meet a kind, pretty young lady, and you will fall in love with her. But! Until then, you are all mine!" 

After more hugs, he whispered, "When that happens, maybe I'll meet you and you can marry me."

I about melted into a puddle of goo.

Everything in me wanted to press the pause button on my life and never let it go.

*happy sigh*

When I went in to hug my girls, I told them the story, and my 7 year old said, "Well I am never leaving you, Mommy!"  I'll have to remind her of that when the boy on the motorcycle pulls into the driveway a few years from now...

I tried the pause button, but it didn't work.  What a reminder for me to just enjoy each special moment I have with these precious gifts, savoring all of their hugs and kisses.

No comments: