Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How Babies Are Made

One of the girls staying with us through Safe Families asked out of the blue this morning, "How do babies get into their mommy's tummy?" I said, "That's a great question to ask your mom! Ask her how your baby brother got in her tummy."

I thought I had avoided an awkward conversation, and then Nate declared proudly, "I know how!" I gulped, unsure of what was to follow. "God PUT the baby into your mommy's tummy!" He then continued to explain that every child was put in their mom's tummy by God.

I guess our memory lessons on Psalm 139 left a lasting impression! :)

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

No comments: