Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Self Control

This week I’m teaching my kids about Self Control, using I Peter 5:8. “Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”

Whenever I’m teaching them a new character trait, the Lord sees fit to test me as well. How did He do it this morning?

As I was leaving for Bible Study, I strapped Kevin into his infant seat, only to notice that it smelled… the cat had peed in it beyond repair. What to do?? I used an old towel inside w/ holes cut out to fix the situation short-term. “Be Self Controlled, Becky,” I reminded myself. Thankfully, this verse kept the cat alive to tell about it.

My tests today also came in the form of Nathan stepping into a stinky old pond, covering himself in mud from his knees down. From me stepping in gum on the way to the grocery store. (Flip flops are hard to maneuver in when they’re constantly being stuck to the ground.) A dishwasher that for some reason overflowed and poured water on half of my kitchen floor, requiring 4 beach towels to clean it up. Baby spit up all over me while he’s in the sling as I’m getting the kids ready for bed.

I’m just thinking I’d better head to bed before I get tested anymore!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Hope tomorrow is a better day. Glad you can see the "blessing" in the lesson.