Saturday, February 9, 2008

Life's lessons continued

For me, 2007 was a year of waiting, as you can read from my blog series last year about, well, waiting. Without going into details, we were finally turning a corner and approaching a calm phase after the storm. Barely a month into 2008, we are now considering going to India for 6 months to a year with a business opportunity Lee is exploring.

There are a few opportunities I'd like to get involved in this summer, and when talking with a friend, I said, "But I can't make any decisions yet until I know if we're going." And she wisely replied, "You're in limbo again! You had two weeks out, and you're right back in!"

I laughed. She's right! Lee's heading out soon to India for a 12 day trip to check it out, and we won't be making any decisions until after he returns.

So limbo it is. You know, the limbo and waiting isn't as hard as it was last time. I guess I'm learning - slowly - that I can trust God with my future. It's ok not to know. He's omniscient and I am not. It's still hard, but it's getting a bit easier.

I love the words to this song by Chris Tomlin that we sang at a prayer service tonight. I especially love that it's almost as though the writer is declaring something he inspires to do, as though it will be hard but he is determining in his heart to do it:

Everlasting God

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God You reign forever
Our hope, Our strong deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint, You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

God, You are everlasting

1 comment:

Stephanie B said...

How very exciting! Please keep us posted and we will be praying. You are a trooper and a very supportive wife. Looking forward to more updates!