Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Location, Location, Location

Location, Location, Location... that saying is true when buying a house, but it is also true when playing Barbies.

When I was a girl, I loved to play Barbies, but I rarely played them in my room. There were much cooler locations! The table in the hallway was a great apartment. The couches provided plenty of space to spread out. My closet, with all of my stuff removed, provided room for an entire town to be set up!

And the same is still true today. Although my daughter does like her Barbie House, the dolls do end up vacationing frequently in other rooms. They go to the family room for the ball, the loft for picnics, and on and on it goes.

So we have Barbie paraphernalia all over the house. I'd like to stop it and make a rule that all Barbie stuff should stay in the play room. It would be easier to keep track of all the little pieces, and we'd probably do a better job of keeping both pairs of the shoes.

But the thing is, I remember vividly how exciting it was to be somewhere different - so for now I'll keep quiet. Besides, it won't be long before they'll be boxed up again until she one day has a daughter. And hey, maybe I'll even play with her and show her a new location or two that she hasn't thought of yet.

No comments: