Friday, June 22, 2007

Oh The Places You'll Go


I read "Oh The Places You'll Go" tonight to the kids. They don't have a clue as to what its about. They think there's this guy on an adventure and have no idea there's a bigger meaning. But the rhymes are cute, and I have most of it memorized by now. (Really, just ask me some time...)

Everytime I read it I'm struck by how brilliant it is! It really does cover what happens in life.

"Except when they don't (cheer you on), because sometimes they won't. I'm sorry to say, but sadly its true, that bang ups and hang ups can happen to you.... you'll end up in The Waiting Place... No! That's not for you! Somehow you'll escape all that waiting and staying. You go to bright places where boom bands are playing!... So will you succeed? Yes you will indeed! 98 3/4% Guaranteed! Kid, you'll move mountains!"

Ahhh... great stuff. And the best part about Dr Seuss is if he doesn't know of a word that rhymes with something, he makes it up. Its cheating, but somehow, for him, it works.

So be inspired! Go move mountains! :)

No comments: