Thursday, May 31, 2007

The hard part of marriage

I had a neat conversation recently with a friend getting married. She said many people say marriage is so hard, etc... and asked me what was most difficult for me. I explained that I don't think marriage itself was my biggest struggle. It was more that being with someone else all the time showed me my own problems - and dealing with those were the hard part!

And then I thought about it - life itself is hard, no matter what stage of life you're in. Being married to someone who's on your side and FOR you is a bonus, not a burden.

And then I thought more about how whether we're single or married or what... God is FOR us, and ready to talk and help and guide and overall be on our side. The biggest super-power, all knowing, hero is FOR me. Wow. Now that's something to be thankful for!

Psalm 118:6 "The LORD is for me; I will not fear; What can man do to me?"

No comments: